Friday, March 7, 2014

Five for Friday...the First!



It's been a random week, so might as well end it by linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my first Five for Friday!

The week started off with a beautiful 70 degree Sunday...then it snowed on Monday. Gotta love Virginia weather! I'm totally over winter and snow, but I love a good snow day off of work (or two). And I could really get used to a 3 day work week!
 

The snow days gave me a little time to put the finishing touches on my Sight Word Recognition in Isolation Intervention pack.  I've been using it as an intervention in my classroom the last few months and now it is finally uploaded. I'll post details on it later, but it is a quick, easy intervention that has helped my students with their quick recall of high imagery, high frequency words in isolation.

 

I booked our spring break trip!!!! We already had a trip booked, but unfortunate circumstances changed our plans. When life gave us lemons we decided to buy the whole lemonade stand and go bigger and better. So we'll be cruising the Caribbean the first week of April.  Can't wait! Last spring break we had a blast cruising through the Panama Canal.


On Thursday I was awarded a few grants to beef up the classroom! Our school system has an amazing Education Foundation that awards grants twice a year. My teammates and I wrote a few together and were so excited to get them all! I'll be getting new book bins (look how "loved" our old ones have become), whisper phones for every child, a few double whisper phones, and listening books/cds. It will be like Christmas in March when they come in!


Read Across America Week was so much fun! It was cut short by the two snow days, but still loads of fun. My niece and I rocked our Thing 1 & 2 costumes for character day!

2 comments:

  1. The last pic is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE your costume!! I'll have to remember that for next year. ;)
    And congrats on the grant! That's so exciting!!!

    Janae
    The Sharpened Pencil

    ReplyDelete