Sunday, November 2, 2014

Currently November

It is November which means we all survived Halloween! As far as Halloweens in the classroom go, this year was great! We had a half day and the day after Halloween fell on Saturday. I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for November currently.


LISTENING-I love The Nightmare Before Christmas, especially this time of year. It is the perfect mix of spooky Halloween and upcoming Christmas. 

LOVING-The cool weather the last few days has brought out a serious case of the snuggles in my cat. Gotta love kitty snuggles! 

THINKING-I ran a marathon in 2008-checked it off my bucket list and said I'd never do another. It wasn't bad, just took a lot of time for training. The city next to me is hosting a marathon in March. I feel like it is so close that I just must do it. Hmmmm, we'll see....

WANTING-We picked apples last weekend so I'm wanting to make a delicious apple pie. Of all the things on my to do list today, I will make that one a priority!

NEEDING-To survive....Report cards. Conferences. General classroom craziness. Need I say more?

READING-I finally joined the Gone Girl craze. I wasn't that into it at the beginning, but it has started to be hard to put down (just as things gets crazy and I have less time to read, fantastic).

Happy November everyone! Head over to Oh' Boy 4th Grade to see what everyone else is up to this month and link up while you're there.

8 comments:

  1. Omgoodness! I didn't read Gone Girl, but I did see the movie. INTENSE is all I can say! You are so brave to do a marathon! The furthest I have ever done is a 10k and I decided to do it the night before the race without conditioning! Yum Yum, apple pie sounds fantastic!

    -Kayla
    Kayla in the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in southeastern TN and the weather here has been gorgeous too! Definitely perfect for snuggling up and staying cozy. AND I applaud you for signing up for a marathon! That takes serious endurance and commitment. :)

    -Samantha
    Field Trips and Paper Clips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple pie is a great idea. I can never get the crust down, so I usually only make apple crisps. They're much quicker. Do you have a good crust recipe? Have a great November!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use a basic recipe: 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup crisco, 3 T water, dash of salt. That makes a single crust so double it if you need a top. I've found that mixing it in my Kitchen aide works well. Another secret I've learned is to put the dough ball in the fridge for about 15 minutes before rolling it out. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. I've had one of my cats on my lap almost constantly when I sit down these last 2 days! I love how they want to cuddle when the weather is cooler! Apple pie sounds delicious - hope you found the time to make it!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone Girl is great, right?? They did a great job with the movie. You need to see it when you finish the book!

    Have a great November. :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am almost finished and can't wait to see the movie!

      Delete
  6. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Visit my blog to see what to do next:)
    Kayla in the Classroom

    ReplyDelete