Saturday, November 8, 2014

Five for Friday


It's Saturday, but I am still linking up with Five for Friday because I survived the week. Which leads me to...
I survived the week. I survived report cards and half of my conferences. Enough said.

My listening center died. The second one for this year...and we've only been in school 49 days! I've been wanting to use an iPod for a long time and have been working on converting my cds to mp3s. This cd player death finally forced me to go completely digital. So I pulled out the old school iPod. My librarian asked if I wanted to try a third cd player and I told her I've gone digital and hopefully will never look back. Which brings me to #3...


Since I had been wanting iPod listening centers for long time, I wrote a grant for two iPod nanos last month. Our school system has THE MOST AMAZING local education foundation that awards educational grants twice a year. On Tuesday I found out I got my grant!!!!! Yay!!!


My kids were excited about the new iPods we'll be getting, but just as excited about the balloons! I do feel the universe is falling into place with my listening center! 

We had an in-school field trip this week from the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation. This is always one of my favorite programs! They bring a big trunk of artifacts from colonial times and let the kids play with them and dress up. It is total hands on fun! If you're in Virginia you should definitely check them out. They also have some great educational resources at History is Fun.


I love self-adhesive business card labels for my student book box names and thematic book bins that change monthly. I wanted more to organize my 10 drawer math center and word work carts so I could change the labels easily. I ordered these from Costco online at 8:30 on Thursday morning and they were on my front porch after school on Friday! Move over Amazon Prime! If you ever need random office supplies you might want to check out Costco online if you are a member. Their prices are low, they include shipping, and they ship quickly. I can't wait to work on labels for the carts this weekend (yup...organization nerd).


So that's my week in a nutshell. Overall, it was pretty successful considering I was dreading it! Link up to share what you've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment