Sunday, January 11, 2015

Go Noodle Sanity Savers

What. A. Week. Back to school after winter break, a full moon, and my sister's wedding shower...I could use a little sanity right now! Thankfully, my kids and I are GoNoodlers and I love the sanity it gives me in the classroom (especially on no recess days!).

I'm linking up with Elizabeth at Kickin' it in Kindergarten for a GoNoodle Sanity Saver Linky. Read about how GoNoodle saved my sanity then visit her blog for a chance to win some GoNoodle swag.


I'm big on movement in the classroom. With a background in special ed, my classes have been doing brain breaks before they were cool and had a cool name. Naturally, GoNoodle was a perfect fit in my classroom and my class loved it. There are plenty of success stories of teachers using GoNoodle for indoor recess, brain breaks, and transitions. We enjoy all of these, but early in the year I found a unique use for GoNoodle in my room.

Due to classroom allergies, I have to clean all of the tables after snack. Not only was this a transition time, but it took me a few minutes to wipe down everything which equaled chaos. Enter GoNoodle to save my sanity and make those few minutes purposeful for the kids! Now as I signal to clean up for snack my teacher helper turns on the projector, I put on a brain break, they move and groove and I clean our room in the 1.5 to 4 minutes. If it is a longer break I even have time to join in. Kids are engaged, tables are cleaned, and teacher is happy! Win, win, win. Thank you GoNoodle!


Fav GoNoodle Brain Break-That's a tough one. We love so many! Our new favorite is Koo Koo Kangaroo's Pop See Ko. I'll admit that the first time we did it my kids just looked at it like they were crazy. The next time they were all about it and it has been stuck in our heads ever since!

Riding a roller coaster with Koo Koo Kangaroo
Happy Place-Camping. I love loading up our camping machine (how we often refer to our camper) and hitting the road. Whether we head to the beach or mountains it is always nice to escape!


Guilty Pleasure-Pens. All tasks are more fun if you're using a fun pen. I may have a pen obsession. Shapies and Flairs are my favorite. Last week I found this 20 pack of Flair at Sam's Club with colors I didn't even know existed! Unfortunately, this replaced the big Sharpie pack at Sam's. Life is full of trade offs.


Keep Calm and... run. It's more like when I can't keep calm I go running. Running is my true sanity saver (next to GoNoodle of course ;) )


Here's to some sanity in 2015. Head over to the GoNoodle Sanity Saver Linky and join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. I need those pens! I am a Costco girl so I'm going to look for those. If they don't have them then I'm telling them that I'm making the switch! :-p Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete